Our origins can be traced to the Fall of 1916 when a group of community leaders set aside 300 dollars, and donated lumber from the dismantled Court House, to build the first hospital in Fort Myers. That first hospital, Lee County Hospital, a two story, four room, 10 bed, wooden building was the beginning of community health care in our area.
Today, Lee Health consists of four acute care hospitals: Lee Memorial Hospital, HealthPark Medical Center, Gulf Coast Medical Center and Cape Coral Hospital, and two speciality hospitals: Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida and The Rehabilitation Hospital. With a total of 1600+ beds, and over 1 million patient contacts each year, this makes Lee Health the largest public health system in the state of Florida, receiving no direct tax support.
Supported by over 10,000 dedicated employees and 4,500 volunteers and auxilians, Lee Health remains the bedrock of our community by offering acute care, emergency care, rehabilitative and diagnostic services, health and wellness education, community outreach and advocacy programs throughout the five county region. We continue to invest back into our community to improve facilities, add services and extending care to those who need it most – in their own back yard.
In the 100 years since opening our first hospital, our dedication to our community – the people with whom we live and work – has been at the core of Lee Health’s mission, values and strategic planning principles. Lee Health – We are Lee Health: Caring People, Caring For People.
To learn more and apply online, please visit: www.leehealth.org/jobs
- To continue to meet the health care needs and improve the health status of the people of Southwest Florida by…
- Providing quality primary, secondary, and selected tertiary health care services in a personalized, convenient and cost-effective manner with a dedicated health care team;
- Meeting or exceeding customer expectations and addressing the spiritual and emotional needs of patients and their families;
- Promoting wellness, healthy lifestyles, community health education programs, and a collaborative community effort;
- Maintaining a financially viable delivery system with multiple care sites to generate the resources needed to make essential health care services available to all, including those unable to pay;
- Remaining a public not-for-profit community health care leader and resource.
Open since 1916, Lee Health continues to be an award-winning health care system with more than a million patient contacts each year. Our success, however, begins with our greatest assets…our employees. Lee Health values patient safety and exceptional customer service. We are caring people … caring for people.” Our staff is routinely recognized for the compassionate and dedicated care they provide to their patients. More than 9,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers and Auxilians are part of the Lee Health family – the very heart of our health system.
Our medical staff, which totals nearly 1,130 Lee County physicians, is also a vital part of our health system.
We’re much more than just a health system. We’re caring people caring for people.
Team Member Commitment – Standards of Behavior
We are a well respected health system dedicated to providing a caring, compassionate, safe and healthy environment for staff, patients, family members and visitors. At Lee Health, we firmly believe that every member of our team makes a difference every day in the lives of our patients and we hold ourselves to high standards.
Attitude: Every patient or customer is our top priority when we are serving them and deserves courtesy, respect and a friendly interaction.
Appearance: How we and our facilities look says a lot about our System. We keep neat, tidy and professional at all times.
Customer Care: We take total care of our patients – keeping their information in the highest confidence, anticipating their needs, explaining information and instructions in clear, understandable language and letting them and their families know what to expect and when.
Communication: We talk and listen with courtesy and concern, seeking both to understand and be understood.
Peer Relationships: We act and treat each other as the professionals we are whenever we work together.
To Your Health
Lee Health treats employees as an investment – we take care of you, both professionally and personally, so you can take care of the people and community we proudly serve. And we make it easy with resources available exclusively to employees:
- Free walk-in health clinics on-site at our hospitals to treat minor illnesses and injuries
- Free flu shots
- Mail-order pharmacy program with free or very low co-pay prescriptions …and much more!
Lee Health values patient safety and exceptional customer service. We are caring people … caring for people.”
Lee Health Celebrates State and National Recognitions
Lee Health has had a lot to celebrate in recent weeks—thanks to honors, awards and recognitions we’ve earned. It is wonderful to be recognized by outside agencies, and we attribute our success to your hard work, dedication and commitment to excellence. Here are our most recent accolades:
Florida Hospital Association Celebration of Service Awards (state-wide)
- Leadership in Quality and Patient Safety – This award recognizes the success of establishing safety behaviors and error-prevention as daily habits. We won this award for our impressive Safety Coach program. Special thanks to our more than 600 SafeLee Safety Coaches, who are communicators, observers, role models, educators, storytellers and partners, placing safety at the forefront of everything we do—from transparent reporting to standardized safety programs.
- Best Hospital Workplace – Lee Health works hard to maintain an organizational culture that is safe and supportive, while also continuously improving. By engaging our employees, we cultivate a strong culture of caring, quality and safety that creates the foundation for great patient experiences.
Five-Star Rating for HealthPark Care & Rehabilitation Center
- We are proud to announce that HealthPark Care & Rehabilitation Center has once again received the highest skilled nursing distinction from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)—a 5-Star rating in overall quality. Working with state and federal agencies to oversee the quality of skilled nursing facilities, CMS began reporting its findings to help seniors and their loved ones make informed decisions about nursing home options. This is an impressive honor.
2014 National Research Corporation Path to Excellence Award
- Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida was recognized as the best performing children’s hospital nationwide in delivering excellent patient experiences. Selected for its ranking in the Patient Outreach Program category, Golisano Children’s Hospital is among a select group of health care innovators leading the way on the path to patient-centered care. In fact, more than 98 percent of patients say they were satisfied overall with the care at our facility—this was the highest score of all 109 children’s hospitals in the comparison group. We are very proud of this award, as it recognizes the work of so many people from a wide range of disciplines who coordinate the highest level of compassionate, patient-centered care.
- Healthgrades (www.healthgrades.com) is a leading provider of consumer information about physicians and hospitals. Each year, Healthgrades independently analyzes more than 4,500 hospitals nationwide. In addition to Lee Memorial Hospital and HealthPark Medical Center being recognized among the Top 50 hospitals for clinical excellence in the nation earlier this year, just this week we received nearly 40 individual clinical awards from Healthgrades.