UF HEALTH SHANDS NURSING
Your story of inspired care starts here.
At UF Health, we’re hiring talented RNs like you. Join us. Inspire yourself and others using your knowledge and patient focus to create your own story of outstanding care. Forbes ranked us as one of Florida’s “Best Places To Work.” And we offer you many locations in which to work, including Magnet®-designated UF Health Shands Hospital in Gainesville.
To learn more about our Careers click here!
To provide Experienced Care, Expert Caring to our patients, families and community.
To Set A New Standard Of Excellence in autonomous, accountable nursing practice, committed to patient advocacy and innovative patient care, in a climate of trust and collaboration.
Our patients are at the heart of all we do.
Discover the many reasons UF Health Shands has earned accolades as a medical provider and as an employer.
- World-class patient care, research and education
- Access to the latest in lifesaving technology
- Opportunities to develop across many medical specialties and subspecialties
- Continuous learning and promote-from-within policy
- Rewarding experiences at teaching facilities
- Generous benefits
As an academic medical center, UF Health Shands Hospital is committed to supporting our nurses’ quest for education, knowledge and career development.
- Accredited Practice Transition Program
- Emerging Leader Fellowship
- Advanced Leadership Development Fellowship
- Professional Practice Recognition Program
- Shared Governance
- Resource Roles
- Tuition and Certification Support
- U.S. News & World Report ranks UF Health Shands Hospital among the nation’s top hospitals in five specialties and UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital ranks among the nation’s top hospitals in four specialties.
- The UF Health Cancer Center has received a prestigious designation from the National Cancer Institute, or NCI, and joins the ranks of the country’s most distinguished cancer centers, becoming the 72nd in the United States and the only one in North Central Florida.
- UF Health Shands hospitals and programs received a fifth consecutive Magnet® designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in spring 2023.
- UF Health is proud to be the only U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Medical Network member in the Southeast providing care for Team USA. UF Health’s world-renowned doctors, researchers and specialists are the team behind THE team. We’ll be there to champion their health as the proud, newest member of the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Medical Network, providing elite athletes access to the same world-class health care available to you and your family every day.
See a full list of awards and recognitions: https://ufhealth.org/about-uf-health/awards-and-recognition
Celebrating diversity at UF Health Shands.
Here at UF Health, diversity refers to all the ways in which people differ and how those differences affect the way we think and act. By managing and valuing diversity, our goal is to create an environment that ensures all employees and customers are respected and included while utilizing the full potential of every employee to improve productivity and one that is flexible enough to adapt to change.
We recognize that within our workplace, diversity can mean where you fit in the organizational structure and what your role is, as well as where you grew up, where you went to school, and where you live and worship today. There are also all those aspects that make up the “you” we know as a unique individual.
UF Health has a strong organizational commitment to diversity with specialized educational efforts and mandatory training programs for all employees and managers.
Become a Gator Nurse! Visit us at https://shands.careers.ufhealth.org/Nursing/
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.