About Duke Health
Duke Health is a recognized health system composed of three hospitals, specialty and primary care clinics, and educational and research institutions—all driven by the heartfelt compassion to improve health care for the lives of patients and their loved ones. With an all-embracing commitment to excellence, innovation, and tailored patient care, we continue to advance health together, impacting communities in the Triangle area and beyond.
The health system consists of:
- Duke University Hospital (1048 beds)
- Duke Regional Hospital (388 beds)
- Duke Raleigh Hospital (186 beds)
- 1 inpatient homecare and hospice facility
- 140 specialty and primary care clinics
In 2022, Duke Health was named a Best Large Employer by Forbes and the #1 healthcare recipient in NC. Our hospitals are consistently recognized as LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders by Healthcare Equality Index. And we’ve been a recipient of the CHIME Digital Health Most Wired honor since 2018, which recognizes our ability to elevate the health and care of communities.
Mission and Vision
The Duke Health mission, vision and values statements are the fundamental building blocks for our success as a leading national academic health center committed to advancing health together. These statements concisely convey the purpose, direction, drivers and character of our institution.
Each of the major component entities within Duke Health also maintain their own local values statements that are reflective of their individual work cultures and missions. However, as you’ll see below, while the values statements throughout the organization are stated slightly differently in some cases, they are all consistent with the overarching Duke Health values.
- In advancing health together, we will:
- Deliver tomorrow's health care today
- Accelerate discovery and its translation
- Create education that is transforming
- Build healthy communities
- Connect with the world to improve health globally
Health and Wellness Benefits
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, we want to ensure that you are supported in both work and in life with comprehensive benefits that let you plan your future. At Duke Health, we invest in you through our Total Rewards Program.
We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision care plan as well as life insurance and long and short-term disability to support you.
- Four options of medical coverage for full-time team members and their dependents.
- Each medical plan covers pharmacy, mental health, and annual eye exam(s).
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Three competitive dental plans
- Duke Well – free care management program with Duke Basic or Duke Select medical coverage options
Other wellness benefits unique to Duke:
- We provide a paid time off program for eligible employees that puts vacation, sick leave, and holiday leave into one program. Time accrued is based on years of service.
- PERQs discounts available at businesses throughout the Triangle
- Farmers Market (Seasonal)
- LIVE for Life Programs – chair massages, run/walk club, tobacco cessation
- Free Health Coaching
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Duke destinations: Duke Forest, Sarah P. Duke Gardens, Duke Lemur Center, Nasher Museum of Art
Duke Health nurses are dedicated to transforming patient care and setting the standard for nursing excellence. Whether it’s implementing nurse-led initiatives to improve patient outcomes or collaborating with different members of the health care team to exceed patients’ needs, quality and innovation are embedded in everything we do.
At Duke Health, we care about your personal and professional growth and equip you with opportunities to help you meet your goals with tuition assistance, nurse loan forgiveness, and specialty and professional development training. With three Magnet-designated hospitals, a network of 140 primary care and specialty care centers, urgent care sites, and homecare and hospice, you’re sure to find Opportunities for a Lifetime with:
- Nurse loan forgiveness
- RN tuition assistance program
- Employee tuition assistance program
- Certification bonus
- Employee referral bonus
- Family-friendly benefits that include paid parental leave, infertility services, and lactation support
- Paid time off program that puts vacation, sick leave, and holiday leave into one program
- Comprehensive health benefits with medical, vision, and dental coverage
- Generous employer contributions to retirement
- Competitive salary. We are now offering a compensation increase for all clinical nurses, including new graduates.
- Offering up to a $15,000 sign on bonus for RNs with one year of experience across many nursing specialties
Hear from team members about their experience with Duke Health.
Apply today at careers.dukehealth.org.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values. Read more about our commitment, here.