Build your career at a place that is inventing better care, day by day by discovery
Sound outrageous? It absolutely is. Sound impossible? That’s never stopped us before. Sound like hard work, intense research, collaboration with experts around the world, sheer brainpower meets unrelenting willpower? That’s. Exactly. Right.
We’ll do whatever it takes to offer the best in care and empower the best in quality of life. And it’s an approach that works — whether it’s a patient who undergoes a new, life-saving procedure or a clinical researcher who finds promise in a new cancer treatment, exciting new medicine is happening at VCU Health.
We have it all:
- Five schools
- An academic medical center
- A Level I trauma center
- One of only two NCI-designated cancer centers in Virginia
- The region’s only full-service children’s hospital
- More than 750 physicians in 200 specialties
- With a community health center, dedicated research teams, facilities and valued partners in every field
Our medical teams are top notch. And we’re not too shy to boast of internationally known physicians, some recognized as the best in the country, top-ranked local specialists and all-around all-stars at every level. In 2016, our VCU Medical Center, Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU and VCU Community Memorial Hospital in South Hill we:
- Served almost 90,000 people in our emergency departments
- Admitted nearly 50,000 to our inpatient and observation beds
- Took care of more than 630,000 in our outpatient clinics
- Advanced the learning of more than 5,000 health science students across all disciplines
And here are just a few of our most recent accomplishments:
- VCU Medical Center earned special recognition from The Joint Commission as a 2015 Top Performing Hospital on quality measures
- Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU was named Virginia’s first Level I pediatric trauma center by The American College of Surgeons
- VCU Community Memorial Hospital was awarded the Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines-Stroke® program
- Virginia Premier Health Plan’s Medicaid plan is accredited by the National Committee of Quality Assurance, a private, non-profit organization dedicated to improving health care quality
- VCU Medical Center received the 2014 AHA-McKesson Quest for Quality Prize, a distinction that goes to one standout U.S. hospital annually for leadership and innovation in quality improvement and safety
From our very first years to our most recent advancements, we are driven to learn more, dig deeper, teach passionately and never rest in order to be a true leader in discovering what’s possible in health and recovery.
We are amazing because our people are.
At VCU Health System, our most important assets are not bricks and mortar; they are our team members … all 13,000+ of them. Our workforce is diverse, dedicated and talented. Our team members continue to earn local, regional and national awards and accolades, which is an indicator that they are happy and feel supported working here. And our culture of STAR Service focuses on our common purpose – “Our Caring Service Begins With Me.” – in the provision of the highest level of customer service, which encourages diversity and inclusion.
If you have been looking to take your career to the next level, we have been looking for you.
As an outstanding teaching hospital and a leading research institution, VCUHS offers unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. We attract and retain top professionals and employ the most advanced techniques, protocols and technologies available. In turn, our team members receive ongoing professional, hands on education and experience. Additionally, extensive training programs and courses offered throughout the year enable team members to enhance and refine their skills.
As we look forward to a bright future we continually seek highly skilled and motivated professionals who share our culture of quality, safety and customer service.
Visit www.vcuhealth.org/careers for an online application or call (844) 989-HR4U or 804-628-HR4U for more information.
Please consider following us on social media.
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. VCUHS appreciates diversity and encourages women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.