UConn Health is a vibrant, integrated academic medical center that is entering an era of unprecedented growth in all three areas of its mission: academics, research, and clinical care. At UConn Health, the patient experience and innovative healthcare is paramount. Our talented and dedicated nursing staff is at the heart of ensuring our quality care and patient outcomes. Our nurses have access to new technology to enhance patient care, safety, and satisfaction, as well as professional advancement opportunities.
UConn John Dempsey Hospital is the only hospital in the Farmington Valley awarded an “A” patient safety rating by The Leapfrog Group. This Hospital Safety Score is the gold standard rating for patient safety, compiled under the guidance of the nation’s leading patient safety experts.
UConn Health is vigilant in its commitment to measurable quality in patient care. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Service’s Hospital Compare website, UConn Health is among the best in Connecticut for heart attack care, pneumonia care, Emergency Department, and surgical care.
Our nursing benefits include:
- Competitive salary structure
- Educational and management development opportunities
- Industry leading, affordable access to medical, dental, vision, life and retirement benefits
- Tuition waivers and reimbursements for self and dependents
- Easy access to I-84, Rte 9 and surrounding Greater Hartford communities
- Organizational culture focused on Compassion, Integrity, Collaboration and Innovation
- Brand new, state of the art, award winning campus
To learn more about the benefits of a career in nursing at UConn Health, visit http://health.uconn.edu/jobs or apply now.
- “A” RATING IN PATIENT SAFETY, The Leapfrog Group
- GOLD PERFORMANCE ACHIEVEMENT AWARD, ACTION Registry
- BLUE DISTINCTION® IN SPINE SURGERY AND JOINT REPLACEMENT, BlueCross BlueShield Association
- GOLD SEAL OF APPROVAL®, The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations
- CENTER OF EXCELLENCE, Advanced Minimally Invasive Gynecology Worldwide (AAGL)