Nursing is the backbone of the superior care provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week at NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore). Our longstanding tradition of excellence is supported by a legacy of talented, compassionate nurses who have always shown a true commitment to professional and empathetic care.
A leader in advanced nursing, NorthShore demands professional accountability and real collaborative care where nurses are empowered to play a significant role in patient care plans and enhanced outcomes. NorthShore nurses are focused on the entire continuum of care and dedicated to a holistic approach of treating patients and their families.
NorthShore’s leadership has long supported professional growth and continued learning opportunities in a culture of evidence-based nursing practice. Nurses are a valued voice at all levels of administration and play an essential part in our ongoing goals to provide the best possible care to those we are privileged to serve.
NorthShore University HealthSystem was designated as a Magnet organization in 2015 by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®. This prestigious designation recognizes excellence in nursing services.
The status quo is never acceptable and NorthShore nurses understand that our shared-decision making model enables everyone to make a measurable difference in the way we care for individual patients. Our nurses are increasingly involved with sophisticated technology and innovative research all designed to improve patient care.
NorthShore nurses play leadership roles in many clinical and professional organizations and represent the organization at educational conferences and numerous community venues. Our nurses give back, sharing their compassion and expertise in volunteer activities across the globe. From caring for impoverished women and children in Africa and Central America, to helping to train colleagues in resource-challenged institutions in China, NorthShore nurses put their passion to practice throughout our hospitals, physician offices, home care and well beyond.
Expanding Your Clinical Skills Expertise
We recognize the importance of promoting continuous learning opportunities and achievement throughout your career at NorthShore University HealthSystem.
- NorthShore encourages employees to become certified within their specialty areas. Our team is diverse with a broad range of professional backgrounds. By obtaining a certification in a nationally recognized specialty area, we are able to continue providing exceptional care to our patients.
- Our Nursing Education and Professional Development department offers courses to our employees to assist with maintaining required certifications. These courses are conveniently located onsite and are available throughout the year. Courses offered include CPR/BLS, ACLS and PALS.
- NorthShore offers opportunities for employees to serve as mentors and preceptors for newly hired staff members. Their role is to provide a nurturing environment to teach new staff about policies and procedures, new equipment, skills and competencies for their areas. For example, Staff Nurses are able to become preceptors for newly graduated Staff Nurses. Similarly, a Lab Associate can volunteer to mentor a Lab Assistant. This provides them with an opportunity to share their own expertise in their clinical area.
- As a Magnet recognized system, we are dedicated to nursing excellence. View the video to learn more about our nursing philosophy.
Diversity & Inclusion
- Providing quality care that is respectful and responsive to our patients’ diverse needs, backgrounds and beliefs.
- Having a fully engaged workforce that recognizes and values the similarities and differences of all people.
- Embodying all dimensions of diversity represented in the customers and communities we serve.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and cultural competence has created a culture of excellence that enriches us, drives customer loyalty and enhances our position as a leading healthcare system.
Well since every lock comes with a key and every problem with a solution 192.168.1.254 router login page we are here with one for you
“I am a firm believer that it’s imperative that we bring people onboard that are reflective of the patients that we serve. Patients that are diverse in every aspect of the word.” ~ Vincenza Giannini, Director, Nurse Recruitment, NorthShore
Careers Information: http://www.northshore.org/careers/
Additional Diversity and Inclusion videos:
2650 Ridge Avenue, Evanston IL 60201 • 847.570.2000
Highland Park Hospital
777 Park Avenue West, Highland Park IL 60035 • 847.432.8000
2100 Pfingsten Road, Glenview IL 60026 • 847.657.5800
9600 Gross Point Road, Skokie IL 60076 • 847.677.9600
NorthShore is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.