To view a listing of open positions, or to apply at Moffitt, visit Moffitt.org/Careers.
Be a part of our courageous mission.
At Moffitt, our more than 7,000 employees are dedicated to one mission: the prevention and cure of cancer. And together, we are transforming cancer care through service, science and partnership. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt has been ranked among the U.S. News & World Report’s top 25 cancer centers since 1999. It was ranked No. 11 in 2020.
The nurses at Moffitt Cancer Center practice our nursing mission and values.
Moffitt Cancer Center’s nurses are involved with every aspect of patient care and research, from prevention and screening to treatment and clinical trials. Our nurses partner with patients and families as part of our multispecialty team to deliver expert and compassionate care to support Moffitt’s mission.
We believe that:
- Nursing embraces personalized patient- and family-centered care. Central to this approach are the principles of dignity, respect, information sharing, participation, collaboration, safety and professionalism.
- All members of the nursing staff are partners in the culture of quality and safety established at the cancer center and participate in the planned, systematic, organization wide approach to improving care, treatment, and services.
- As professional nurses, we are responsible for being good stewards of health care resources.
- We are accountable for our individual practice as defined by the Nurse Practice Act of the state of Florida; policy statements, standards and codes of the American Nurses Association; and other professional standards of practice.
- It is our responsibility to provide excellent patient care through a commitment to lifelong learning, personal professional development, evidence-based practice and quality improvement activities to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
- Nursing leadership and nursing staff are partners in fostering an environment in which nurses can express and manage their practice with a high level of professional autonomy. Nurses at all levels of the organization have the opportunity to impact the quality of patient outcomes, the quality of the work environment and the achievement of the mission of the cancer center.
- Our nursing staff is our most important asset, and as such, requires environmental, emotional and fiscal resources to sustain excellence in practice. Work-life balance is encouraged, respected and facilitated.
- We have an obligation to contribute to the advancement of the profession by sharing our specialized knowledge within our community, regionally, nationally and internationally with peers, students and the public.
- We have an obligation to advance oncology nursing practice through the conduct of nursing research and dissemination of study findings to internal and external publics.
Reasons to become a Moffitt Nurse
- 325,000 outpatients visits per year
- Family-centered environment with specialized care for oncology patients
- Shared governance and a clinical ladder program that extends across all clinical settings
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education programs
- Promotion and salary advancement for excellence in nursing practice and leadership.
- Award programs include Nurse of the Year, Daisy Award and Nursing Research Fellowship.
- Educational environment that fosters professional growth.
- Peer-driven interdisciplinary collaboration and evidence-based practice to facilitate optimal patient outcomes.
- Opportunities for nursing research through nursing fellowship program and ongoing unit-based projects.
- Pride in knowing that you are part of a team that truly makes a difference!
Moffitt is proud to have earned the prestigious Magnet® designation in recognition of its nursing excellence. Magnet recognition is granted by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the credentialing body of the American Nurses Association, to honor outstanding health care organizations for nursing professionalism, teamwork, quality patient care and innovations in nursing practices.
Moffitt was named LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leader by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation in 2020.
Moffitt achieved exemplar status for its Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders (NICHE) program, the highest designation in an international nurse-driven initiative designed to help hospitals improve the care of older adults. Moffitt is one of only 38 medical centers in the nation to have achieved this status.
For the fifth consecutive year, Moffitt Cancer Center has been recognized on DiversityInc’s Top Hospitals & Health Systems List. Moffitt ranked No. 5 on DiversityInc’s 2020 list of Top Hospitals & Health Systems.
Moffitt once again made the Tampa Bay Times Top Workplaces ranking for the 10th time. The Top Workplaces lists are based solely on an employee feedback survey administered by WorkplaceDynamics, LLC, a leading research firm that specializes in organizational health and workplace improvement. Several aspects of workplace culture were measured.
Recognized by the Institute for Patient- and Family-Centered Care
Named a Fertile Hope Center of Excellence, an award presented to “cancer centers for proactively addressing cancer-related fertility.”
Please consider following us on social media.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Moffitt endeavors to make moffitt.org/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact one of the Human Resources receptionists by phone at 813-745-7899 or by email at HRReceptionists@moffitt.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.