Meritus Health exists to improve the health status of our region by providing comprehensive health services to patients and families.
Meritus Health will relentlessly pursue excellence in quality, service, and performance.
Our culture is driven by a set of values that focus on the patient and family first: respect, integrity, service, excellence and teamwork.
Meritus Health fosters a compassionate healing environment through a culture of team trust, patient centered care, focusing on quality and safety, while promoting joy at work.
Culture of Collaboration and Respect
- Our nurses are a valued member of the interprofessional care team
- Physicians support nursing education and conferences
- Shared governance model provides opportunity for nurses to participate in decisions at the unit, department and organization levels
- Visible, accessible leadership team
Supportive Work Environment
- Extensive benefit package
- Nurse developed workplace violence prevention and safe handling programs
- Wellness initiatives – restoration rooms, mindfulness/relaxation activities
- Free parking
- Modern facility with integrated electronic health record
- Recognition and appreciation programs – Nurses’ Week, Nurse of the Year Award, Daisy Award
- Twelve month nurse residency program utilizing Vizient/AACN curriculum for newly licensed nurses
- Education Assistance – tuition reimbursement and scholarship opportunities
- Support for specialty nursing certification
- Professional Ladder Program
- Simulation Training
- Leader Internship Program
About Meritus Health
Meritus Health, Western Maryland’s largest health care provider, is located at the crossroads of western Maryland, southern Pennsylvania and the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. As the largest health care provider in the region, Meritus Health has committed to caring for the community for more than a century. Meritus Health’s flagship facility, Meritus Medical Center, was built as a direct link to Robinwood Professional Center creating a campus where health care providers, outpatients, visitors and families can move easily from one service area to another.
2030 Bold Goals
Meritus Health has developed Bold Goals to be achieved by 2030.
- Health Care. Have zero patient harm.
- Health. Losing 1 million pounds in the community.
- Affordability. Be the lowest total cost of care provider in the state of Maryland.
- Joy at Work. Be a nationally ranked employer of choice.
Join our Amazing Nurses®
Our team of Amazing Nurses® are compassionate, supportive and innovative. Read their stories at Meritushealth.com/AmazingNurses and visit MeritusHealth.com/careers to apply.
Meritus Health is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, inclusion and health equity within our health system and community. At Meritus Health all persons will be treated equally and respectfully. Discrimination of any form is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
It is the policy of Meritus Health to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Meritus Health prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.
- Washington County Public Safety Awards, Unit Achievement Awards from the Washington County Chamber of Commerce
- Recognized as a High-Performing Hospital from U.S. News & World Report in two categories: heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD
- ANCC Accredited Approver of Continuing Nursing Education
- Silver Beacon Award for Excellence from American Association of Critical Care Nurses or AACN.