For more than 100 years, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been a leading pediatric healthcare provider. Our mission is to make kids better today and healthier tomorrow. Our specialized care helps children get better faster and live healthier lives. With 3 hospitals, 26 neighborhood locations and over 600 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report. Children’s has also been ranked on Fortune magazine’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” for 14 consecutive years and named one of the “100 Best Companies” by Working Mother magazine.
At Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, nurses play an integral role in our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow. Children’s is home to more than 3,000 nurses who excel both on the front line and behind the scenes, developing solutions and pioneering advancements that enable us to be a leader in pediatric healthcare. Becoming a nurse at Children’s is more than a smart career choice—it’s an opportunity to make a difference in the life of a child and to join a family of nurses who are dedicated to providing excellent care. Children’s offers multiple programs and nursing resources that support our nurses at the bedside and throughout their career.
Highlights of our nursing resources include:
- Peds 101 training programs to assist the adult to pediatric nursing transition
- Onsite simulation labs for ongoing training and Education
- Night Owl Committee supporting our night shift nurses with programs, committees and floating preceptors
- Preceptor and Mentor Programs
- Dedicated unit-specific resources including educators, child life specialists, chaplains, social workers and therapy dogs
- Ongoing resiliency and stress reduction training courses and classes
- System committees and programs to encourage support and involvement in our nursing strategic plan
We offer a comprehensive total rewards package that supports our mission, vision and values – and we are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work locally and nationally. Connect to our mission of being Dedicated to All Better and impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients and their families each year.